Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert AZ-303– REQUIRED
· Microsoft Certified Professional ( MCP ) – REQUIRED
· AWS Certified Cloud Practicioner - Preferred
· Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of designing, implementing and
maintaining best practise Azure solutions.
· Strong working knowledge of on-prem Active Directory, including GPO and Azure AD
· Proven examples of ownership of large Azure project implementations in Enterprise
· Enterprise production experience of deploying infrastructure as code using Terraform
· Experience managing the monitoring of infrastructure / applications using tools including
Cloud native, Solarwinds, New Relic, etc.
· Must have practical working knowledge of driving cost optimisation, security
enhancement and performance optimisation.
· Solid understanding and experience of transitioning IaaS solutions to serverless
· Need to be able to demonstrate security best-practise when designing solutions in Azure.
· Working experience of ‘On Premise to Cloud’ migrations
· Good working knowledge around WAN connectivity and how this interacts with the various entry point options into Azure public cloud.
· Production knowledge of Windows file servers / DFS
· Strong experience in desktop virtualisation technologies in Azure
· Good appreciation of ISO27001, ITIL and Project management
· Good understanding of new and emerging technologies · Excellent presentation skills to both an internal and external audience
· The ability to share your specific expertise to the rest of the Technology group
Deliver end to end technical and user support across all cloud platforms (Primarily Azure)
· Day to day, fully hands-on OS management responsibilities (Primarily Windows Server OS)
· Contribute to continuous improvement efforts around cost optimisation, security
enhancement, performance optimisation, operational efficiency and innovation.
· Take an ownership role in delivering technical projects, ensuring best practise methods
· Design and deliver solutions around the concept of “Planning for Failure”. Ensure all
solutions are deployed to withstand system / AZ failure.
· Work closely with Cloud Architects / Infrastructure Services Manager to identify and
eliminate “waste” across cloud platforms.
· Ensure robust tagging strategy followed in the organisation with accurate cost allocation of resources in Azure.
· Ensure all data in all forms are backed up in a cost-efficient way.
· Use the appropriate monitoring tools to ensure all cloud / on-premise services are continuously monitored. · Drive utilisation of most efficient methods of resource deployment.
· Drive the adoption, across the business, of serverless / open source / cloud native technologies where applicable.
· Ensure system documentation remains up to date and designed according to Azure best practise templates.
· Participate in detailed architectural discussions, calling on internal/external subject matter experts as needed, to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment.
· Take part in regular discussions with business executives to translate their needs into technical and operational plans.
· Engaging with vendors regularly in terms of verifying solutions and troubleshooting issues.
· Designing and delivering technology workshops to other departments in the business. · Takes initiatives for improvement of service delivery.
· Ensure that delivers a service that resonates with customer’s expectations, which sets apart from its competitors.
· Help design necessary infrastructure and processes to support the recovery of critical technology and systems in line with contingency plans for the business.
· Continually assess working practices and review these with a view to improving quality and reducing costs.
· Champions the new technology case and ensure new technologies are investigated and proposals put forward regarding suitability and benefit.
· Motivate and inspire the rest of the infrastructure team and undertake necessary steps to raise competence and capability as required.
· Help develop a culture of ownership and quality throughout the Infrastructure Services team.