AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional - REQUIRED
· Microsoft Azure Fundamentals AZ-900 – REQUIRED AS MINIMUM AZURE CERT
· Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE ) - REQUIRED
· Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of designing, implementing and
maintaining best practice AWS solutions. (To a lesser extend Azure)
· Proven examples of ownership of large AWS project implementations in Enterprise
· Experience managing the monitoring of infrastructure/applications using tools including
CloudWatch, Solarwinds, New Relic, etc.
· Must have practical working knowledge of driving cost optimization, security
enhancement and performance optimization.
· Solid understanding and experience of transitioning IaaS solutions to serverless
· Must have working production knowledge of deploying infrastructure as code using Terraform.
· Need to be able to demonstrate security best-practice when designing solutions in AWS.
· Working knowledge around optimizing network traffic performance and delivering high availability while keeping a check on costs.
· Working experience of ‘On-Premise to Cloud’ migrations
· Experience in Data Centre technology infrastructure development and management
· Must have experience working in a DevOps environment
· Good working knowledge around WAN connectivity and how this interacts with the various entry point options into AWS, Azure, etc.
· Working knowledge of Server and Storage Devices
· Working knowledge of MySQL and SQL Server / Cloud native databases (RDS / Aurora)
· Experience of Carrier-Grade Networking - On-Prem and Cloud
· Experience in virtualization technologies
· Experience in ITIL and Project management
· Providing senior support to the Service Delivery team.
· Good understanding of new and emerging technologies
· Excellent presentation skills to both an internal and external audience
· The ability to share your specific expertise to the rest of the Technology group
· Experience with MVNO or Network Operations background from within the Telecoms industry. (Optional)
· Working knowledge of one or more European languages (Optional)
Deliver end to end technical and user support across all platforms (On-premise, Azure, AWS)
· Day to-day, fully hands-on OS management responsibilities (Windows and Linux operating
· Ensure robust server patching schedules are in place and meticulously followed to help
reduce security-related incidents.
· Contribute to continuous improvement efforts around cost optimization, security
enhancement, performance optimization, operational efficiency, and innovation.
· Take an ownership role in delivering technical projects, ensuring best practice methods
· Design and deliver solutions around the concept of “Planning for Failure”. Ensure all solutions are deployed to withstand system / AZ failure.
· Work closely with Cloud Architects / Infrastructure Services Manager to identify and eliminate “waste” across cloud platforms.
· Assist several internal DevOps teams with day-to-day running of pipeline management and drive standardization where possible.
· Ensure all data in all forms are backed up in a cost-efficient way. · Use the appropriate monitoring tools to ensure all cloud / on-premise services are continuously monitored.
· Drive utilization of most efficient methods of resource deployment (Terraform, CloudFormation, Bootstrap)
· Drive the adoption, across the business, of serverless/open source / cloud-native technologies where applicable.
· Ensure system documentation remains up to date and designed according to AWS/Azure best practice templates.
· Participate in detailed architectural discussions, calling on internal/external subject matter experts as needed, to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment.
· Take part in regular discussions with business executives to translate their needs into technical and operational plans.
· Engaging with vendors regularly in terms of verifying solutions and troubleshooting issues.
· Designing and delivering technology workshops to other departments in the business.
· Takes initiatives for improvement of service delivery.
· Ensure that delivers a service that resonates with customer’s expectations, which sets apart from its competitors.
· Help design necessary infrastructure and processes to support the recovery of critical technology and systems in line with contingency plans for the business.
· Continually assess working practices and review these with a view to improving quality and reducing costs.
· Champions the new technology case and ensures new technologies are investigated and proposals put forward regarding suitability and benefit.
· Motivate and inspire the rest of the infrastructure team and undertake necessary steps to raise competence and capability as required.
· Help develops a culture of ownership and quality throughout the Infrastructure Services team.