Years of Experience
Experience of IP space for over 10 years (traditional IP) and having then expanded their knowledge in AWS and Azure over the last 5 years.
BS in computer sciences, or related discipline.
- Telecoms Domain Experience (MNO / MVNO) a big advantage for this role.
- CCNA/CCNP certified - REQUIRED
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate) – REQUIRED
- Microsoft Azure Essentials AZ-900 – DESIRED
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Desire to maintain full hands-on status but to add Team Lead responsibilities in future
- Excellent working knowledge on Cisco, AWS, Azure ip network / security solutions including VPC/VNET, NACL, Security groups, route tables, direct connect, Direct connect gateway, Express Route, Transit Gateway, VPN, etc.
- Experience running and managing carrier grade networks.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability (packet capture and analysis using tools like Wireshark)
- Demonstrable working knowledge of security devices including Cisco ASA/v, Cisco nexus/ ACI, ASR
- Should have experience in setting up monitoring tools like New Relic, Nagios, and Grafana
- To be part of on-call support team to attend support calls on basis whenever assigned
- Proven record of successfully managing on premises environment, both AWS & Azure and physical datacentre
- Experience working with Cisco Wireless LAN controllers/Cisco Meraki based wireless technologies
- Extensive AWS/VM's experience in a commercial environment, architecting methods and best practices.
- Experience in ‘On-Premise to Cloud’ migrations.
- Experience of Data Centre technology infrastructure development and management
- Experience working in a DevOps & Docker environment
- Full awareness of the latest security and network optimisation services offered by AWS and Azure to help Identify most suitable resources for a particular product/solution.
- Excellent presentation skills to both an internal and external audience
- The ability to share your specific expertise to the rest of the Technology group
- Frequent involvement in in-depth troubleshooting exercises across the multi-platform network. (MNO, Data Centre, AWS & Azure)
- Directly liaise with MNO vendors in troubleshooting scenarios.
- Contribute and assist cloud architect team during design and planning phases.
- Maintenance work to be planned meticulously to minimise/eradicate self-inflicted P1
- Manage 3rd party VPN connections
- Responsible for physical and virtual network device deployment and regular maintenance.
- Regularly monitor system performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay current with any new security/ network services released by public cloud platforms to ensure continuous improvement.
- Take responsibility to ensure all network components are included in the company monitoring solution.
- Monitoring costs regularly and identify strategies to minimize cost.
- Ensure system-wide security and manage users and policy.
- Regular patch update of network devices.
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues.
- Provisioning, deployment, monitoring cloud environment using automation tools like Terraform, managing Docker containers, salt, Puppet, Python modules, orchestration and other DevOps tools.