Food & Beverages
Years of Experience
7-10 years in FMCG, Food Retail, Beverages . Sound knowledge of sales and sales administration processes
MBA or Master Degree
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good business sense.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Proven experience in field sales of FMCG products (frozen food category field sales & distribution experience is preferable).
- Disposition to build friendly relationship with retail outlet supervisors and shelf staff.
- Territory management experience
- Develop and implement sales plans and budgets to achieve annual sales objectives.
- Generate regional sales of company products through a team of salesmen in order to achieve annual sales targets.
- Conduct regular market visits to check product availability, effective display, delivery route coverage, competitor activity and continuously search for new opportunities in order to increase sales.
- Provide distributors and customers in the market with information about new or improved products and services in order to improve sales.
- Develop, monitor and maintain an efficient distribution network to ensure the comprehensive availability of company’s products across the assigned region to achieve the sales targets.
- Coordinate and follow up with the storehouse supervisor to ensure that adequate inventory stock of product is maintained in order to meet the sales delivery schedules.
- Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure that adequate marketing support by way of merchandising and promotions is available in order to provide brand visibility and promote sales.
- Liaise with the logistics department for the effective delivery scheduling, route planning and cost effective delivery services.
- Liaise with the warehouse team (FFFL and the transit warehouse) to ensure the products are well kept according to quality standards and the warehousing practices are in line with the product integrity requirements.
- Develop the necessary Regional Sales Management organization structure and ensure the right caliber of staffing and appropriate training to meet all job requirements.
- Provide leadership so that staff are well motivated and engaged to stay and contribute effectively to the organization.