Primary Experience in
Bachelor/ Master’s degree in Engineering
• Proficient in NoSQL is strongly desired. Experience with Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig, and MapReduce, as well as JMS: ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, JBoss, etc.
• Dynamic and/or functional languages experience such as Python, Ruby, Scala, and Clojure are also desirable.
• Experience designing and tuning high-performance systems and prior.
• Must also have experience building complex and non-interactive systems (batch, distributed, etc.).
• Must have strong analytical skills and be a creative problem-solver.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be a strong team player capable of working in a demanding start-up environment.
• Provides technical and managerial leadership to a world-class engineering team that designs and develops path breaking large-scale cluster data processing systems.
• Collaborates with Sales and Client Partners to develop new business and manage existing client relationships. Mentors sophisticated organizations on large-scale data and analytics and works with client teams to deliver results.
• The Principal Data Engineer is considered to be a senior member of the consulting team and is expected to assist Think Big Analytics establish thought leadership in the big data industry by contributing white papers, technical commentary and representing the company at industry conferences.
• Mentoring junior members on the team in application architecture, design and development best practices.
• Supporting and managing internal asset development projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience
Must have 10+ years experience programming in Java, Python or C/C++. Must be proficient in Linux, SQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data.