Non- Profit Organization
At least two (2) years of relevant experience after Master's Degree at the national or international level
Master's Degree in Public Policy, International Development, Sustainable Development, Development Policy or in a related discipline.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks and opportunities, linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions; Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
- Portfolio Management: Ability to select, prioritize and control the organizations programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as-usual, while optimizing return on investment
- Collective Intelligence Design: Ability to bringing together diverse groups of people, data, information or ideas, and technology to design services or solutions
Digital & Innovation:
- Data analysis: Ability to extract, analyse and visualize data (including Real-Time Data) to form meaningful insights and aid effective decision making
External Relations & Advocacy:
- Advocacy strategy and implementation: Ability to create and implement advocacy strategies which lead to impactful change
The incumbent will report directly to the Head of Sub-Office/Project Manager of the project and indirectly to Project Officer and Project Coordinator.
The key results of the post strengthen contributions to the national policy dialogue and enhance the policy impact of project. In particular, the key results have an impact on the design of programmes, and creation of strategic partnerships as well as reaching resource mobilization targets. The post increases visibility in the discussion about economic and development policies and analysis.
The Social Policy Analyst will be responsible for the following key functions and tasks:
Provide advice and support to project staff, and senior officials and Government focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support compilation, analysis and interpretation of social development trends using secondary data and statistical analysis.
- Engage in thorough research of the social and development issues in the country and production of relevant reports aimed at promoting inclusive growth and human development.
- Support provision of top quality analysis and substantive inputs to project, background research and other strategic documents.
- Selection of strategic research topics, surveys and/or case studies.
- Identify latest research, policy issues, and on-going national and international level policy dialogue that can add value to the project outputs and initiate corresponding activities of valuable contributions.
Provide advice and support to Government counterparts and facilitate knowledge building focusing on achievement of the following results;
- Facilitation of policy dialogue on social development issues with Government, donors, civil society, and private sector.
- Contribution to development of policies, briefs, concept notes and presentations, as relevant.
- Sound contributions to knowledge management and communities of practice through identification of best practices and lessons learned. Support training and capacity building support for Project and Government officials on social and human development issues.
Assist in the building of strategic partnerships focusing on achievement of the following results: Assist production of periodic updates and briefs on country development situation to be used by stakeholders
- Undertaking of selected studies/research on emerging development concerns that feed into government/development partners processes.
- Policy advocacy for the Sustainable Development Goals, Human Development and pro-poor and equitable sustainable development by participating in relevant forums, conferences and trainings.
- Support to monitoring progress and formulation of strategies towards the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Support to establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linked to international networks. Relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns implementation with key partners.
- Assist in development of partnerships with the Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, think tanks and civil society based on strategic goals and government strategies particularly in relation to the SDGs.
Provide technical support and guidance to project staff, and Balochistan Government in implementing activities for SDGs localization
- Coordinate with Other SDG Support Units at federal and provincial/regional level to share ideas, practices and implementation of similar ideas.
- Provide constructive inputs in context of social development in Balochistan and the initiatives required to implement SDGs.
- Undertake extensive research and coordinate with relevant government institutions to identify means to increase funding for SDGs.
- Provide support in implementing initiatives to strengthen the monitoring & reporting mechanism for SDGs