N.G.O & Social Service
Primary Experience in
Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Development, International Relations, Politics, Sociology or a related field.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas.
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Delivery: Ability to get things done.
- Policy analysis and advisory skills.
- Design and management of youth empowerment programming.
- Program management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge management and strategic communication.
- Partnership building.
1. POLICY ADVICE
- Provide periodic situational analysis on youth empowerment issues with a gendered and rights-based lens.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for organization's upstream engagement on youth empowerment issues.
- Lead organization's support to the Government of Pakistan at the federal and provincial levels on youth empowerment issues with evidence-based, gender disaggregated recommendations.
- Provide technical assistance and advice for the roll-out of youth related policies and programmes (including the prevention of violent extremism, youth engagement and youth employment).
2. EFFECTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Lead the planning and implementation of activities in line with the signed annual work plan.
- Review and provide inputs to all necessary documentation for implementation of activities (TOR, Request for proposals, etc.).
- Supervise the procurement process for sub granting of work in line with the organization's corporate policies.
- Regularly liaise and coordinate with partners to appraise and consult them for feedback on project activities.
- Review/verify payment requests from project implementing partners and consultants.
- Ensure implementation of activities and the corresponding payments and inform the Country Office in a timely manner for any delay in disbursement and/or project implementation.
- Review progress reports to ensure they are of acceptable quality and submit in a timely manner to the Country Office for onward sharing with development partners.
- Ensure that the M&E plan is appropriately implemented (and that gender disaggregated data is readily available) and any follow up actions identified during monitoring are appropriately implemented.
- Ensure periodic stocktaking, lessons learned and course correction.
- Supervise project staff and promote a positive environment for teamwork.
- Promote inclusion of innovative approaches to development challenges across the programme implementation strategy.
3. RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY
- Remain informed of, track and internally share new research, programmatic and advocacy initiatives in the field of youth empowerment and share programmatic implications of it with the programme team on a regular basis.
- Identify priority areas tor programme research and advocacy and develop terms of reference and methodologies.
- Supervise the implementation of research assignments and ensure coordination with relevant stakeholders, quality assurance of the methodology and dissemination of the results.
- Explore the gendered and rights-based lens of social inclusion and manage new research initiatives to document and advocate this challenge.
- Ensure consistent incorporation, dissemination and elaboration of key messages on issues related to youth empowerment internally within an organization, within the system and with external stakeholders, particularly government stakeholders.
- Ensure oversight of the programme communications and advocacy strategy to ensure constant and effective advocacy, public communications and campaigning on key programme issues.
4. PARTNERSHIPS AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS MANAGEMENT
- Conduct regular meetings with key stakeholders (e.g. Government departments, civil society, media etc.) and partners to ensure maximum topicality, relevance, coordination and coherence in project strategies.
- Track key stakeholder responses and activities to identify emerging programming and partnership opportunities.
- Represent organization in inter-agency forums related to Youth Empowerment (economic development and prevention of violent extremism) and encourage joint programming efforts where required.
- Represent organization in development partner forums related to Youth Empowerment to ensure that programming is well coordinated with similar initiatives and promote synergies where required.
- Promote engagement with new actors on the development landscape (start-ups/incubators/accelerators/social enterprises/impact investors/private sector) and encourage synergies.
- Preparation of resource mobilization proposals to enhance the program’s scope and outreach.
5. REPORTING, KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Synthesize and document lessons learnt and best practices.
- Prepare and quality assure various project progress and financial reports.
- Ensure dissemination of results and lessons learned among colleagues and other target audiences.
- Coordinate and establish an informal forum comprising individuals from the relevant sectors to ensure information/ knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- Develop content for organization's website, knowledge networks and communities of practice in the form of knowledge articles, and concept papers.
Years of Experience
10 years of experience at the national or/and international level in providing management and policy advisory services in the development sector