N.G.O & Social Service
Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Development, International Relations, Politics, Sociology or a related field.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas.
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
- Delivery: Ability to get things done.
- Policy analysis and advisory skills.
- Design and management of youth empowerment programming.
- Program management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge management and strategic communication.
- Partnership building.
1. POLICY ADVICE
- Provide periodic situational analysis on youth empowerment issues with a gendered and rights-based lens.
- Identify and leverage opportunities for organization's upstream engagement on youth empowerment issues.
- Lead organization's support to the Government of Pakistan at the federal and provincial levels on youth empowerment issues with evidence-based, gender disaggregated recommendations.
- Provide technical assistance and advice for the roll-out of youth related policies and programmes (including the prevention of violent extremism, youth engagement and youth employment).
2. EFFECTIVE PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Lead the planning and implementation of activities in line with the signed annual work plan.
- Review and provide inputs to all necessary documentation for implementation of activities (TOR, Request for proposals, etc.).
- Supervise the procurement process for sub granting of work in line with the organization's corporate policies.
- Regularly liaise and coordinate with partners to appraise and consult them for feedback on project activities.
- Review/verify payment requests from project implementing partners and consultants.
- Ensure implementation of activities and the corresponding payments and inform the Country Office in a timely manner for any delay in disbursement and/or project implementation.
- Review progress reports to ensure they are of acceptable quality and submit in a timely manner to the Country Office for onward sharing with development partners.
- Ensure that the M&E plan is appropriately implemented (and that gender disaggregated data is readily available) and any follow up actions identified during monitoring are appropriately implemented.
- Ensure periodic stocktaking, lessons learned and course correction.
- Supervise project staff and promote a positive environment for teamwork.
- Promote inclusion of innovative approaches to development challenges across the programme implementation strategy.
3. RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY
- Remain informed of, track and internally share new research, programmatic and advocacy initiatives in the field of youth empowerment and share programmatic implications of it with the programme team on a regular basis.
- Identify priority areas tor programme research and advocacy and develop terms of reference and methodologies.
- Supervise the implementation of research assignments and ensure coordination with relevant stakeholders, quality assurance of the methodology and dissemination of the results.
- Explore the gendered and rights-based lens of social inclusion and manage new research initiatives to document and advocate this challenge.
- Ensure consistent incorporation, dissemination and elaboration of key messages on issues related to youth empowerment internally within an organization, within the system and with external stakeholders, particularly government stakeholders.
- Ensure oversight of the programme communications and advocacy strategy to ensure constant and effective advocacy, public communications and campaigning on key programme issues.
4. PARTNERSHIPS AND STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS MANAGEMENT
- Conduct regular meetings with key stakeholders (e.g. Government departments, civil society, media etc.) and partners to ensure maximum topicality, relevance, coordination and coherence in project strategies.
- Track key stakeholder responses and activities to identify emerging programming and partnership opportunities.
- Represent organization in inter-agency forums related to Youth Empowerment (economic development and prevention of violent extremism) and encourage joint programming efforts where required.
- Represent organization in development partner forums related to Youth Empowerment to ensure that programming is well coordinated with similar initiatives and promote synergies where required.
- Promote engagement with new actors on the development landscape (start-ups/incubators/accelerators/social enterprises/impact investors/private sector) and encourage synergies.
- Preparation of resource mobilization proposals to enhance the program’s scope and outreach.
5. REPORTING, KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Synthesize and document lessons learnt and best practices.
- Prepare and quality assure various project progress and financial reports.
- Ensure dissemination of results and lessons learned among colleagues and other target audiences.
- Coordinate and establish an informal forum comprising individuals from the relevant sectors to ensure information/ knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- Develop content for organization's website, knowledge networks and communities of practice in the form of knowledge articles, and concept papers.
10 years of experience at the national or/and international level in providing management and policy advisory services in the development sector