N.G.O & Social Service
Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Officer will provide high quality professional procurement expertise to manage project operations according to Organization’s rules and procedures.
The following is required:
1. Responsibility for all procurement related matters in the project, across federal, provincial and fields offices focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Act as the primary focal person for handling, on behalf of the project, of all procurement related issues;
· Provide direct and advisory procurement services to PMU and FOs, including management of end-to-end procurement processes;
· Responsible for compiling and consolidated annual procurement plans and follow with component leads for the timely initiation of procurement activity;
· Ensure that organization’s and donor rules, regulations and procedures as they relate to procurement administration are fully adhered to;
· Conduct regular research for up-to-date market knowledge on major items for procurement within the project;
· Advises the requisitioning person on the full range of procurement issues, provides support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle.
· Ensure through rigorous review of procurement documentation for enhancing internal efficiency and best value for money;
· Responsible for development of all bidding documentation, in close consultation with project technical experts, programme and operations teams;
· Assist with procurement activities and help identify most suitable procurement strategies to meet the identified equipment/service needs, in close liaison with organization’s operations team;
· Conduct procurement processes leading to development of suitable procurement tools, systems, mechanisms and contracts that will ensure timely delivery of equipment/services to beneficiaries fulfilling the identified requirements;
· Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
· Provision of researched information for formulation and implementation of contract strategy and strategic procurement in the project including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, e-procurement introduction.
2. Ensures implementation of effective procurement strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Preparation of procurement plans for the office and project and their implementation monitoring.
· Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with organization’s rules and regulations.
· Elaboration of project SOPs in procurement, in line with corporate rules and regulations, and ensuring regular trainings to PMU and FOs;
· Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. Buyers profile in Atlas.
· Review of procurement processes conducted by project; submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
· Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
· Presentation of researched information on procurement in the project.
· Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by organization’s to other Agencies.
· Supervision of any assistant to be assigned.
3. Ensures proper control of project Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Preparation of inventory reports. Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in project.
4. Ensures organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
Organize travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements. Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys Functional Competencies:
Building Strategic Partnerships.
Maintaining information and databases- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise.
Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures.
• Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
• Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
• Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work.
• Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
Promoting Organizational Change and Development.
Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
• Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
Design and Implementation of Management Systems.
Data gathering and implementation of management systems.
• Uses information/databases/other management systems.
• Provides inputs to the development of simple system components.
• Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
Maintains effective client relationships.
• Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion.
• Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
• Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients.
• Responds to client needs promptly.
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management.
Gathering and disseminating information• Prepares timely inputs to reports.