N.G.O & Social Service
Training & Development
The candidate must have 4 years Bachelors level or above degree in Public Administration, Law, Social Science or in a relevant subject.
- Support the Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms and provide input on Policy and Position Papers for the perusal of GoKP as per agreed scope of work.
- Assist Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms in Working Papers and Diagnostic Studies exhibiting evidential analytical perspective on the underlying issues.
- Assist Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms in preparing Meeting minutes and record notes documenting the level of engagement with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms in developing periodic progress reports as per stipulated protocols Specific to FATA merger Provide support to the Adviser Police Reforms and to the Police in establishing Police institutions in merged areas and extending and implementing the KP ROL Roadmap approved by the Cabinet in the merged areas with special emphasis on the following
- Provide assistance in implementation of the KP Police Act 2017.
- Provide technical support to the Advisor-Rule of Law Police reform in assessing critical operational requirements of pre-integration process and dynamics of post-integration administration of the area with regard to your area of intervention and prepare position papers for the government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to secure predictability and availability of human and financial resources to sustain the integration.
- Support the Advisor-Rule of Law Police reform in engaging with government departments and to ensure that each department is properly positioned to:
a. translate the Integration Road Map into time bound goals, targets and action plans in order of priority;
b. Assist the Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms in the work of departmental merger teams, define their terms of reference including their travel plans, determine their milestones and identify counterpart entities in Merged areas for coordination of
transitional activities; and
c. Assist the Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms to prepare periodic reports on achievement of targets.
4. Assist the Advisor-Rule of Law Police reform in providing strategic policy options to ensure that:
a. Lack of Government writ in the past and the absence of normal justice system is redeemed through the introduction of strong and robust system of Rule of Law institutions;
b. Criminals, militants and extremists are denied space through effective Programme.
- Elimination of their safe heavens and organizational elements.
- Levies and Khasadar forces in erstwhile FATA are transformed and positioned to perform policing and expand visibility of State institutions.
- Pulse of the area is continuously observed on road to integration, mainstreaming and change.
- A conducive environment is created and maintained for engaging cross section and opinion leaders for sustainable solution to problems arising out of interventions in your stream of initiatives.
- Negative propaganda and misinformation with regard your area of jurisdiction is counter balanced through effective communication.
- Support the Advisor-Rule of Law Police reform in proposing institutional arrangements for coordination, oversight, impact assessment, mentoring, course correction and value addition to the process of integration.
- The Specialist: Rule of Law Police Reform will assist the Police Adviser to coordinate closely with Police Department and other relevant government departments, development partners, International Financial Institutions, the FATA Transition Task Force, and the FATA Transition and Recovery Programme.
- The Specialist: Rule of Law Police Reform will join our team under the Governance and Rule of Law Pillar.
- The Specialist: Rule of Law Police Reform will be working under the direct supervision of the Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reform.
- He/She will be part of the team of the consultants working under Advisor-Rule of Law Police Reforms.
- Plan for Police reform conceptualized, institutional assessments, issues and priorities determined,
- Police integrated, reformed in newly merged districts and sub-divisions as per requirements of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police Act, 2017.
- Various bodies required for the implementation of the Police Reform constituted and made functional.
- Provide assistance and technical support in the process of developing Institutional capacity developed, infrastructure, human and financial resources ensured for police reform.
- All activities planned and implemented for Police Reform in Merged areas.
- Rule of Law Institutions assisted with regard to Police in articulating their priority areas and reform initiatives.
- Police assisted in drafting standards based on international best practices on evidence collection and preservation in serious crimes.
- Cross-institutional coordination ensured with colleagues and departments outside the police, for example the Directorate of Prosecution, Directorate of Reclamation and Probation, Inspectorate of Prisons and judiciary.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the development sector with sound understanding of Police and criminal justice institution.