N.G.O & Social Service
Admin & Finance
Bachelors/Masters in Public Administration, Finance, Economics, or closely related field is desirable.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Support to project management
- Administrative support to the project
- Support to resource mobilization
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Review of contributions agreement, managing contributions in Atlas.
- Collection and analysis of information from partners for donor briefings
- Preparation of financial reports to donors
- Provides effective support to Project Manager
- Under the guidance of Project Manager, the Administrative/Finance Associate provides support to project implementation performing a variety of standard administrative and financial processes and financial processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative/Finance Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
- The Administrative/Finance Associate works in close collaboration with Environment and Climate Change Unit, NGO Programme and Operations teams, other projects staff and other agencies staff to information and ensure consistent service delivery complying with NGO rules and donor's requirements
- Provides administrative and financial support to the project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Bear responsibilities for logistics, procurement, finance and recruitment for the project, in accordance with corporate NGO rules and regulations as well as donor's requirements
- Prepare all financial and administrative documents related to the project implementation
- Develop quarterly and annual budgets plans for recruitment of personnel, maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances payments and other data for day to day transactions and reports
- Advise and assist Project staff, experts and consultants on all respects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial and administrative matters, and calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services
- Provide organizational and administrative support in implementation of project activities including organization of round-tables, workshops, trainings, working meetings and other events
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required to handle all financial operations of the project office, make cash payments and reconcile all accounts in required time frame
- Maintain, update and inventory records of non expendable equipment in accordance with NGO rules.
- Perform cash custodian's duties being primarily responsible for project's cash disbursements and maintains project's petty cash book and payrolls related to the regional offices
- Ensure leave monitoring of project staff, check the accuracy and proper completion of monthly leave report.
- Analyze potential problems concerning administrative-financial issues and take respective measures to provide adequate project's resources on time for implementation of project activities
- Encourage awareness of and promotion of gender equality among project staff and partners
- Ensure full compliance of administrative and financial processes and financial records with NGO rules,regulations, policies and strategies
- Define the cost-effective measure for optimal use of resources of the project
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor, creation of vendor setup information in Atlas.
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme, analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary
- Perform other duties related to personnel, administrative and financial issues of the projects as required
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities
- Provision of the information for the adult.
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/project staff
- Training of implementing partners in financial management
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
at least 6 yrs of experience in related area, experience with international organisations is an asset.