5+ years of leadership experience with 10+ years in a platform or architect role.
BS or MS in related industry/field or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering,Information Systems).
As the Director of Platform Engineering at you will work with world-class product and engineering teams to strengthen, grow and evolve the entire Company AI platform. You will have an end-to-end responsibility to build, manage, and optimize the platform. Company has created a product environment that empowers responsible, autonomous teams to use the right technologies to solve the right problems. This heterogeneous technology environment will expose you to numerous unique and industry leading challenges. You will be focused on the intersection and interconnection of these experience teams, experiences and technologies.
In this role, you will work closely with the development teams to craft and implement a vision for Platform Engineering that increases system cohesion and improves reliability while simultaneously improving autonomous product team velocity.
As a seasoned systems leader with a knack for organizing others around new ideas and tools, you will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of the Company Platform strategy. You will work with a world-class team of engineers to design and implement the capabilities to ensure our teams are able to deliver fast, reliably, and meet the requirements of a large highly scalable system.
- Architect, design, deliver and at times even code parts of our core systems.
- Partner with product management, product engineering and business stakeholders to enable velocity of product innovation via PaaS & automated hybrid cloud platform development.
- Partner with Enterprise IT and Cyber security teams to implement monitoring and compliance with appropriate security standards.
- Develop services, micro-services, APIs in alignment with industry standards, product, and business needs.
- Manage, motivate, and empower a distributed team of software engineers, including goal setting (professional and technical), feedback on performance, and weekly 1:1’s.
- Review technical design specifications from team members, review and approve pull requests, and help troubleshoot and unblock technical issues
- Develop KPIs that provide in-depth visibility into system health.
- Collaborate with and empower experience teams to deliver high system uptime and reliability.
- Empower development to move quickly while keeping the business safe and stable.
- Anticipate needs and act accordingly.
- Develop thorough understanding of our business, customers, industry, offerings/solutions.
- Communicate and engage effectively inside and outside the organization.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Show trust, respect, and loyalty.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to various situations.
- Willingness to travel to Company global offices and customer sites.