N.G.O & Social Service
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager, Economic Policy Analyst will advise project team & P&DD on development priorities and trends to guide government interventions on SDG. S/he will analyze social development of Punjab and work closely with Government counterparts to identify alternative social and development policy options and enhance the policy impact of the project.
1)Provide advice and support to project staff, and senior officials of organization and Government focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Provides high quality analysis and advice on issues related to economic development and poverty reduction that could inform national and sub-national policies with regard to the achievement of relevant SDG targets.
• Undertake high quality analysis and interpretation of economic and statistical data with a view to provide policy and strategic advice;
• Prepare policy papers and briefs for senior government and company officials on issues related to economic development, and poverty and inequality;
• Identification of policy interventions and areas for organization support and interventions;
• Analysis of public policies aimed at economic development, and poverty and inequality reduction with the objective to assess their effectiveness and impact and provide recommendations accordingly;
• Analysis of trends and policy frameworks at the regional and global level with the objective to identify lessons that could inform the policy discourse in Pakistan;
• Provide policy advice to the provincial SDG Support Units and collaborate with provincial planning departments on related issues;
• Substantively contribute to the Project Progress and other reports;
• Supervise the work of consultants and other organizations which the project may engage in relation to the work of this particular post;
• Organize national and sub-national workshops and where required, present project’s work;
• Review and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt from implementation of the Project.
• Provide advice to Government counterparts and facilitate knowledge building focusing on achievement of the following results;
2) Ensure provision of top quality and innovative policy advisory services to the Government and facilitation of capacity development and knowledge building in support of pro-poor growth and the attainment of the SDGs focusing on achievement of the following results: Production of periodic updates and briefs on country development situation to be used by stakeholders
• Collect, analyze and synthesis micro and macro-economic data and information related to MDG and SDG, paying attention to the capacity development aspects, and propose policy options to relevant government departments;
• Monitoring progress on economic development related SDG targets and advise government on policy interventions to achieve targets;
• Provide high-quality development advice in policy dialogue with government, company System and other strategic partners on economic issues, most notably in relation to pro-poor economic growth and achievement of the SDG with the Government, donors, civil society, and the private sector;
• Organize capacity development opportunities for government officials in the formulation of SDG-based policies, plans and programmes, including appropriate macroeconomic, fiscal and medium term expenditure frameworks;
• Keep abreast of regional and global economic trends and issues and analyze their implications for the realization of the SDGs in Pakistan
3)Ensure creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Identify entry points to development of partnerships with the organizational Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society areas based on strategic goals of the organization, country needs, particularly in relation to the MDGs and SDGs, and donors’ priorities;
• Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation;
• Keep track of the changes in the aid effectiveness/development cooperation environment and external resource management matters and assists Government and Organization in resource mobilization to meet the SDGs through, among other things, preparation of documentation for donor and consultative meetings;
• Development of partnerships with the organizational Agencies, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society areas based on strategic goals of the organization, Government Strategies (especially Vision 2025), country needs, particularly in relation to the SDGs, and donors’ priorities.